If you would like to end your marriage or domestic partnership, or legally separate from your spouse, you must open a case in the Superior Court in the county where your spouse lives. This workshop will teach you how to fill out the forms and explain the court process.
Please bring the following with you to the workshop:
- Date of marriage and date of separation
- Children’s names, dates of birth, place of birth, and addresses for past five years
- A list of all assets and debts acquired during the marriage/domestic partnership
- A list of all assets and debts acquired before marriage or after the date of separation
- Copies of your paycheck stubs for last two months if you are currently employed
- Children are not allowed in workshops. Please make arrangements for childcare.
- The Workshop will be facilitated via video conference from some sites. Video conference allows us to connect with other courts to assist more people. The joining courts will be able to see you and vice-versa. We will not record today’s workshop or share your information with anyone.
Remote workshops will be facilitated at your local Self-Help Center.