This workshop will:
- Provide you will an overview of the guardianship process
- Assist you with completing your forms
- Review your forms and make copies
- Prepare you to file your guardianship paperwork
Please bring the following with you to the workshop:
- Child/children’s: name, date of birth, places of birth, addresses for the past five years
- Parent’s names and addresses
- Grandparent’s names and addresses
- Two declarations (written statements) that explain why you need to have an immediate order now and permanent orders later in the process
- Children are not allowed in workshops. Please make arrangements for childcare.
- The workshop will be facilitated via video conference from some locations. Video conference allows us to connect with other courts to assist more people. The joining courts will be able to see you and vice-versa. We will not record today’s workshop or share your information with anyone.
Remote workshops will be facilitated at your local Self-Help Center.