Click the button above to register for the in-person workshop in Chico, or call (530) 532-7024.
Remote workshops will be facilitated at your local Self-Help Center. You do not need to pre-register online to participate in the remote workshop. Please check with your local Self-Help Center for more information.
If you would like to end your marriage or domestic partnership, or legally separate from your spouse, you must open a case in the Superior Court in the county where your spouse lives. This workshop will teach you how to fill out the forms, explain the court process, and assist you with completing your declarations of disclosure, including: assets, debts, income, and expenses.
Please bring the following with you to the workshop:
- Date of marriage and date of separation
- Children’s names, dates of birth, place of birth, and addresses for past five years
- A list of all assets and debts acquired during the marriage/domestic partnership
- A list of all assets and debts acquired before marriage or after the date of separation
- Copies of your paycheck stubs for last two months if you are currently employed
- Children are not allowed in workshops. Please make arrangements for childcare.
- The workshop will be facilitated via video conference from some sites. Video conference allows us to connect with other courts to assist more people. The joining courts will be able to see you and vice-versa. We will not record today’s workshop or share your information with anyone.