Name Change Petition

A name change petition will request a Court Order to legally change your name or a minor’s name. With a Court Order you can change your legal name on government-issued identification documents such as your driver’s license, passport, and social security card. You will generally need a certified copy of the decree changing your name. For more information, click here. Have additional questions? We are here to help M-F from 8:30-4:00 at (530) 532-7015.

In partnership with the California Judicial Council and Law Help Interactive, we are pleased to provide you with the links below to begin preparing your own legal documents online.  We strongly recommend that you create an account to begin completing the paperwork so you do not lose the work that you have started.

  • Name Change Petition

    This program will assist you in filling out the forms necessary to change the name of an adult, child, or a family group. Have additional questions?  We are here to help M-F from 8:30-4:00 at (530) 532-7015.